Friday, June 5, 2009

Thrive Learning Institute Helps Student Avoid Scammer

Hello,

I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone at Thrive Learning Institute know how excited and pleased I am to have taken the opportunity you are providing. First of all, thanks for the treats!

Initially, as I am sure everyone is, I was skeptical. However the continued effort from everyone on the team to keep me going has been wonderful! I am at a crossroads in my life right now with a new family starting, and having just got laid off due to economic reasons.

I have three different things going now (school, Thrive, and now a job). Having nearly overextended myself this support is really helping me keep my long term goals with this venture.

My best experience thus far was with an e-mail I got that regarded one of my items for sale. It matched one of the attacks that I was warned about in the online material. However, there were subtle things in it that made it seem more legitimate.

I forwarded the e-mail to my team. The team conferred, and they felt it could be legitimate. They did tell me to respond with some very specific requests to the potential buyer to ensure it was legitimate. I followed the advice provided. Afterwards, I did not hear back from that individual. It was indeed a scam that I would not have been able to as easily avoid without your assistance.

Again, I want to thank Team 2A for everything you are doing. My family and I are very pleased with the support you have provided.

- Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment